Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Week 8 EOC: The Adventure



           As I trudged through the snowy roads of Warsaw, I ended up standing next to a large cathedral. Fascinated with the beauty of such breathtaking architecture, I couldn't help but to stand there, captivated. Just then, I heard a voice beckoning from the front of the church. An elderly woman standing on the steps shouts something in Polish and waving her arms as if inviting me in.. With no other options of shelter for the night, I decided to join her in the church. “Hello.” I said apprehensively as I walked up the stairs. The woman says something in Polish that I couldn't make out as she rushes me into the church. We made our way to the back of the cathedral and enter what looks like a kitchen. The woman handed me a plate of what look like very large raviolis. She then says, “Perogies!” Not recognizing the food and being curious, I decided to try one. The warmth of the potato and cheese filling spreads throughout my body. “This is delicious!” I exclaimed. She could tell I was pleased and forced a large box of the snacks in my arms. A loud yell came from the other room and the woman, panicked looking, started to usher me out of the room. The door behind us swung open and there stood a half-dressed priest armed with a long pole topped with a quite intimidating looking cross. "Mój perogies!" The preist exclaimed as he charged at me. I bursted through the door and ran out of the church with the deadly priest still in pursuit. AsWith the determination even stronger than before and the box of his new favorite food in hand. Phileas Fogg was ready for his next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment